iCandy - Nerd Stalker #35
Sand Hill Road is known for being home to some of the greatest venture capital companies that have seeded some of the most successful start ups and crushed the dreams of countless others. So it was interesting that it is home to Ricoh Innovation Labs Inc. (RII) in the heart of Palo Alto on Sand Hill Road. RII has been chartered with guiding the future of Ricoh and one of the current endeavors is a very innovative project called iCandy. We were lucky enough to speak with Margarita Quihuis, Director and Jamey Graham, Distinguished Engineer about iCandy.
iCandy (beta) is a free application that makes it easy to access and share your digital world offline. Through the power of QR codes, iCandy connects iTunes or websites to printed iCandy links that you can share in person. Use a webcam to scan your iCandy link and your computer launches the song or website instantly.
iCandy helps you:
- Put digital music and the web in your hands for in-person sharing (parties, family get-togethers, conferences)
- Skip the hassle of typing in a website—just scan in the iCandy link and you’re there
- Simply navigate your iTunes library—great for little kids!
- Connect with friends and customers through a memorable, easy-to-use medium—ever accessed a website by scanning a coffee cup before?
- Make it easier for clients to access your company website—just scan in the iCandy link on your business card
- And lots, lots more!