Seesmic Desktop - The Definitive Twitter Client
Seesmic has just released a Twitter client called, "Seesmic Desktop" and although it's only a 0.1 preview release I have to say that this application has set the new standard for this space.
What I found most interesting was:
- This was a Total Code Rewrite, they are working with Adobe and seem to really be pushing what AIR is capable of.
- Columns are all in one container, a great ux (and Tweetdeck like) improvement
- Duplicate post killer, smart enough to feed you one, very nice.
- A dropdown at the top that is smart enough to know what acct your replying from based on which it was sent to, very slick.
- Detachable columns
- Same partner services for distribution and url shortening with more coming.
- Drag and drop twitpic integration.
- Video is currently not supported but coming soon.
- Groups or as they call them "userlists".
- Again I must emphasize the support for multiple accounts is the absolute slam dunk, until everyone supports that, they aren't even in the same league.