There Are More Dogs Than Kids? - Nerd Stalker #56
Interview with the CEO of Fido Factor, Justin O'Neill at this years FailCon conference in San Francisco.
From the Fido Factor site:
"The goal of Fido Factor is to:
- To make dog friendly policies the norm rather than the exception. It's our magical little dream that dogs will eventually be welcome everywhere!
- Provide dog owners with information on which places are dog friendly and how to visit each safely.
- Let the community determine which dog friendly spots are the best of the best.
- Find local dog friendly restaurants, stores, bars, parks, lodging and attractions as well as pet stores and dog services!
- Use your iPhone or smartphone to find dog friendly locations on the go and submit reviews and add locations through our free iPhone/iPod Touch application.
- Learn important dog policy information for each location, e.g. permitted dog size, leash policy.
- Become a local ambassador and add to your city's dog friendly listings. Our system supports the entire country, but we need your help adding locations. If you know a place is dog friendly that we don't have, plug it in!
- Read and write dog-specific reviews for each location you visit.
- Share your reviews with your Facebook friends through Facebook Connect.
- Post questions and let your opinion be heard in our forums.
- If you're local to the Bay Area, take advantage of the Fido Factor San Francisco SPCA training discounts.
- Charitably support The SF/SPCA when you add or review locations in our home base of San Francisco.