How Small Businesses Can Use Video
SCORE Releases Infographic on Video Marketing for Small Businesses
|Image courtesy of SCORE|
Who isn't trying video today. Barrier to entry is as simple as a smartphone but what videos should a small business focus on? Businesses are creating cost-effective promotional videos in a range of categories, including explainers, product demos and testimonials, and these videos are performing well with customers on small business websites and social media pages. Below are some stats on videos that can help you tell your story.
Videos resonate with consumers:
- 71% of consumers made a purchase after watching an online video about local products and services, according to one survey.
- Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Videos boost marketing ROI:
- Including videos in email marketing increased click-through rates by 96%.
- Videos improve Search Engine Optimization rankings. Videos were 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google search results compared to text-based content.
- 87% of survey respondents had a positive ROI with digital video.
Successful videos can be produced on small business budgets:
- The greatest number of videos (16 per month) were produced by companies in the lowest revenue bracket (less than $5 million).
Shorter videos perform better:
- Videos shorter than 90 seconds kept 53% of viewers watching until the end, compared to videos longer than 30 minutes, which retained only 10% of viewers.